Monday, May 24, 2010

"Dr. Phil" Hour

I’m beginning to realize that many people are VERY open and honest with me these days. More so than you’d think. I’m not sure if it’s because they think I can keep a secret OR if it’s because having cancer makes you easier to talk to…or maybe I just ask questions and don’t really care if they seem too personal these days or not. (I blame all verbal indiscretions on the Chemo.)

Random people sitting next to me in chemo will divulge all sorts of personal information and stories. I’m also learning that sitting with my friends for 4-5 hours allows them the opportunity to share all sorts of personal stories and sentiments. Not that ANY of those personal stories will be divulged here. Your secrets are safe with me girls!

So for anyone who needs a good couple of hours to regale me with horror stories of your mother-in-law, or vent about how your husband doesn’t know how to start the clothes washer…just let me know. I’d be happy to adjust my chemo-schedule to accommodate you. HA! And in turn I will ask that you bring me some Starbucks and quite possibly a cupcake or some strawberries.

“Thank you” to my old roomie, Brooke, this week for keeping me company, bringing my FAVORITE cupcakes from Merritt’s bakery in Tulsa, and entertaining me with “Avatar”. And thanks to my other old roomie, Melanie, for sitting with me for the remainder of my extra long day on Friday and dealing with me when I got a little weepy. It’s hard to know when the “weepy” is going to rear its ugly head.

You girls make those sessions WAY more fun than they probably should be. I’m pretty sure our conversations keep the nurses in stitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment